And how to save up to 10% on your entire purchase.
The moment that you have been dreaming of has finally arrived; you are engaged and ready to begin your life with that special someone! Happily ever after begins here, with the selection of your wedding gown as an important first step toward your big day. The months and weeks leading up to your wedding will be an exciting, whirlwind journey. Unfortunately, that journey can also be fraught with anxiety. To help minimize the anxiety, below is some advice that we learned from our experiences with clients and our own quest for the ‘perfect’ wedding dress:
- Start early. Find the gown that you want and get it. Most wedding gowns are hand made and may take up to 14 weeks to arrive after ordering. Bridesmaids dresses may take up to 12 weeks. And in some cases, alterations can take an additional week—or more—to complete!
- Make an appointment. While certainly not necessary, an appointment will guarantee you the personal service and attention that you should have when selecting your gown. There may be other clients at the store who HAVE made an appointment, and they will receive that treatment. You should have that too. So while you are welcome to stop in and look, be aware that the level of attention you receive can vary depending on whether a stylists is assisting other clients. (Click here to contact CoCo for an appointment.)
- Breath. There are MANY gowns to choose from and it can be an overwhelming selection process. But there is good news—there really can be more than one ‘perfect’ dress for you! Take a deep breath, and relax. You’ll find the gown that speaks to you.
- Have an idea of what you like. Look through magazines and online, and take pictures with you when shopping so that your stylist can show you that style or something similar. In fact, we recommend emailing or texting pictures to your stylist ahead of time so that she can have those gowns segregated and ready for you to try on, as well as some other suggestions that she might have based on your selections.
- Come with an open mind. You may never have considered a particular style, or like a particular dress as it appears on the rack, but listen to the stylist; she has probably seen it on a variety of body types. Who knows? It might be one of the ‘perfect’ dresses for which you have been searching.
- Limit your entourage. Yes, this is a big moment you want to share, but just bear in mind that the more people you bring the more opinions you will endure. A lot of different opinions can be overwhelming and confusing, and make your decision much harder.
- Do yourself up. Do your hair and apply your makeup. Looking pretty gives you a more realistic idea of how the gown compliments your style and how beautiful you will be on your big day.
- Bring the proper undergarments. Wear a strapless bra and any shaping garments, such as Spanx, that you think you might wear on your big day. This will give you a better idea of how the dress will fit. Also, remember that the stylist will be dressing you so wear something that you will feel comfortable being seen in. We all come in different shapes and sizes, and we should never be ashamed of who we are or how we look.
- Know how much you want to spend and don’t get talked into trying on dresses out of your price range. It is important to remember that the price of the dress almost never includes alterations (which can add anywhere from $25 to $200 to the dress) or accoutrements such as belts, headpieces, and veils. Weddings can be expensive, but maintaining a firm grasp on your budget will help to minimize the stress that can be caused by ballooning financial commitments.
- Buy a dress that fits. Everyone has the goal of dropping a few pounds before the big day, but that doesn’t always happen. If you do lose weight, the dress can usually be altered pretty easily to fit your new body. But the opposite is not true; a dress ordered too small is a disaster waiting to happen.
We want to start you off on the right foot on your journey to happily ever after, so feel free to reach out to us with any questions. And, if you send us a tip or advice that makes our list, we’ll give you a free gift for helping to minimize the stress of other brides-to-be! Click here to email CoCo your advice.
CoCo’s Bridal Boutique wants to dress you and your wedding party. When you make an appointment and purchase a gown or dress, you will receive a 5% discount on everything that you buy during that appointment. When you and your party make an appointment and purchase 3 or more gowns or dresses, everyone will receive a 10% discount. This discount applies to the gown, dresses, veils, belts, shoes, jewelry — everything! Click here to make an appointment with CoCo.
CoCo’s Bridal Boutique carries over 100 special occasion dresses. While some of these can be special ordered, many are one-of-a-kind. That means that you will likely be the only person at your special event wearing a particular dress!
Tenemos una selección de vestidos de quinceañera a la mano, y un catálogo de muchos más que se pueden pedir para la entrega dentro de 6-12 semanas. Cualquier alteración que pueda ser necesaria puede hacerse en el sitio, normalmente dentro de una semana.
We have a selection of quinceañera dresses on hand, and a catalog of many more that can be ordered for delivery within 6-12 weeks. Any alterations that may be necessary can be done on site, typically within one week.